cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPF 8000 question How to fix roll empty error the roll is full.

karlowitz
Apprentice

I have an IPF 8000 that has been perfect.    Now I get   "roll empty error" when I start to load a roll of paper.     Every so often, it will load the roll........cut the end to square up the sheet.........then say......"roll empty"      I can't get past the loading of roll and the roll empty error.

Main controller board was changed........no change.

anyone have similar issue?

1 REPLY 1

Julius
Rising Star

Hi karlowitz!

A Roll Empty error indicates there may be an internal malfunction with the printer.  Let's check the firmware version of your printer first.

To check your firmware version, simply power off and power on the IPF8000.  The firmware version should flash on the screen during the initial power-up. If your firmware version is below 1.38, you'll want to update your firmware.  This should resolve the Roll Empty error.  The firmware update can be downloaded HERE.

Unfortunately, if the firmware update doesn't fix the issue, you'll want to contact our customer support group at 1-800-OK CANON (652-2666), 8AM to 8PM ET, Monday - Friday.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements