cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICC Profiles for Pixma PRO-1

Alan73
Contributor

Hi,

I've read in old reviews of this printer that Canon included their own icc profiles for some 3rd party papers...see this article on the website here

It seems to say there are folders of icc profiles labeled EN1, EN2 etc up to EN9 but I don't have any of these available in the dropdown menu in Lightroom...? Where are they, or how can I access them?
Thanks,

Alan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Download this from the Catalina page. 

C2D1F808-A762-432B-9D30-FC569B7F24AE.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome.

1. first download the file from the Canon site; it is a program.

2. execute the program. It will create a file folder. inside that folder will be two folders.

3. depending on your level of experience working with profiles either run the instruction HTML or open the profiles folder.

4. inside the profiles folder will be additional folders EN1, EN2, etc. Each of those folders contains profiles.

5 before you will see the profiles in Lightroom you need to add them to the computer. 

Screenshot 2023-01-23 073346.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Alan73
Contributor

John

Thanks for your reply.

(I'm on a Mac OS12 and using a Canon PRO-1 printer)

I'm still confused..when I look in the folder (Library / Printers/ Canon / BJ Printer/ Resources/ICC profiles....etc and eventually drill down to the actual contents of the folder) I only get the Canon brand papers (see screen shot)...my understanding was that Canon included other 3rd party profiles as well (see original post)?

And I thought these profiles were just automatically added when the print driver was installed by the Apple OS?

What do you think?

Thanks,

Alan.

Canon Pro-1 icc.png

They are not automatically added. That’s why Canon has that additional software. The same download  is available for macOS. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John,

But what is the "additional software"? I don't see any icc profiles on the Canon website? All they have is this list (see attached)...is it something in the "Print Studio Pro" package?
Thanks!!

Alan.

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 8.39.08 PM.png

Download this from the Catalina page. 

C2D1F808-A762-432B-9D30-FC569B7F24AE.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John,

You're a lifesaver!!! Thanks so much for your help....I guess the PRO-1 is old and that's why the profiles are buried back in Catalina....!
Much appreciated!

Alan.

Glad I could help. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

One thing to be aware of. Canon just accumulated the profiles and packaged them together. You can download profiles from the paper vendors. Sometimes they update them and sometimes papers can be updated while keeping the same name. If the results don’t look right check the vendor site. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John,

Do you mean these are just the manufacturers profiles gathered by Canon and packaged up for ease of downloading? I thought Canon also made their own versions of the profiles for other papers (so in theory they could be different to the manufacturers ones?)

Thanks,

Alan.

Announcements