cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install Canon Print Studio Pro "Plugin" into Photoshop 2020. (MacBook)

Maggie_White
Contributor

I have installed the new Photoshop 2020. How do I install the Canon Pro100 Print Studio Pro Plugin. I do not have the old version. It installed automatically into new Lightroom Clasic  but not Photoshop 2020.

24 REPLIES 24

OMG. Catalina. I'm sorry. I missed that part. It sounds like everyone is having problems with Catalina and the 32bit version of PSP won't work at all. 

This worked perfectly for me and I am on a desktop MAC with High Sierra

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Yes, PSP only works with Mojave and below.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Good to know! Thank you!

Actually, Canon Print Studio Pro plug-in does work with Photoshop 2020.  I called support and the technician walked me through the process today. Print Studio Pro was s updated in March 2020.  I tried to install unsuccessfully several times. But the tech directed me to close ALL other programs on my Macbook Pro (15-in 2018) running Catalina OS 10.15.6 (latest version available as of today) before launching the Installation file. During my many failed attempts, I did not close all other programs, but it installed flawlessly with support on the phone.

You are correct in that Canon PSP works, partially, with Adobe PS on Mac Catalina.  But, my Saved Custom Settings do not work.  I have Deleted the Custom Settings, re-created them, updated Firmware and Drivers (same problem with both my PRO-1000 and PRO-2000 printers), and spoken with Canon Tech Support five (5) times over the past five weeks.  But, nothing we have tried gets the Custom Settings to work.  Canon is supposedly bumping the problem to the "engineering level", but that was two weeks ago and I have yet to hear back. Very frustrating and possibly time to dump my three Canon printers and move back to Epson.   Mark Weidman

Registering custom settings works for me.

Did you enable Full Disk Access in the security section of System Preferences?

When you say "don't work" what exactly do you mean?

If I select a setting and click "Apply" the setting opens and does what it is supposed to do.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for the response. Yes, I did enable Full Disk access for Canon PSP. When I click on "Apply" to an existing Custom Setting, I get an error message "The contents of the registered item could not be applied. Do you want to clear the settings? Click [No] to restore the original settings". I just tried creating a new, temporary, User Account on my Apple Mac running OSX 10.15.6. When I tested Canon PSP from within the new User Account, and via Photoshop v21.2.1, it allows me to create new Custom Settings which actually are saved & work AOK.  But, in the new User Account I lose all my custom settings in Photoshop, Bridge, and in other software programs.  Not sure if there is a way to retain those settings? Mark Weidman

The path at the bottom of this screenshot is where I found the folder that had my saved layouts.

If you don't have a similar folder maybe you could create one and see what happens.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 1.08.02 PM.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John, thanks for the additional info.  I checked and that Folder does exist in the same location you identified, and, my custom setting files are in the Folder.  But, for some reason CPSP is not "finding" them.   Mark WeidmanScreen Shot 2020-08-11 at 11.48.32 AM.png

Announcements