cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install Canon Print Studio Pro "Plugin" into Photoshop 2020. (MacBook)

Maggie_White
Contributor

I have installed the new Photoshop 2020. How do I install the Canon Pro100 Print Studio Pro Plugin. I do not have the old version. It installed automatically into new Lightroom Clasic  but not Photoshop 2020.

24 REPLIES 24

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

When you get the message about Photoshop select "Next"

Annotation 2019-11-05 200811.jpg

At the next window select "Browse" and locate the PlugIn folder for Photoshop 2020.

Annotation 2019-11-05 200645.jpg

The screenshots are from a Windows computer but the process is the same on a Mac.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I tried this, but unfortunately, it didn't work ( I, too, have PShop 2020). After I browse to the Plugin folder and choose Photoshop (64bit), I hit Next. It says it is finished installing, but nothing has been installed. Any thoughts? I am on Win 10 and have a Pro-10. All of the updated drivers and software have been installed.

I can't seem to find the PS plug in folder even when I search for it by name. Will there be one if I have the monthly subscription? 

Here is the path to the Adobe PS Plugin Folder.  Boot hard drive >> Applications >> Adobe Photoshop 2020 >> Plug-ins.

As an aside, I finally got Canon Print Studio Pro to work properly, following some of the suggestions on this forum.  Then, I upgraded to the latest version of Apple Mac Catalina v10.15.7 and immediately problems returned. Specifically, my Custom Settings are not saved.  I placed my fitth (5th) call to Canon Tech Support since this began back in July 2020. I convinced the tech, who was clueless, to finally escalate my case to the software engineering department. I was told I should hear back in "one to two weeks".  This is the third time I have been promised a call-back, so, we shall see.   Mark Weidman

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
As stated above, you need to select Browse and go to the plugin folder.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I tried this but it did not work. It's fine in lightroom but not in Photoshop 2020.

I don't know what else to help with:

Plug-ins 2019-11-30 18-26-06.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Adobe doesn't delete the previous version of Photoshop on the Mac. So go to the old version, find the plugin, copy the PSP plugin folder, paste it to the plugin folder in PS 2020 and then relaunch Photoshop. I did that on three machines running Mohave 10.14.5 and it worked fine. 

I have tried that in the past and it worked as you describe but I can't get it to work with Catalina and Photoshop 2020.

Announcements