cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I obtain a version of Print Studio Pro that works with Photoshop Elements 13 (64 bit)?

RLVaughan
Apprentice

How can I obtain a version of Print Studio Pro that works with Photoshop Elements 13 (64 bit)?  The advertising refers to Print Studio Pro 2 but all I find available to download is version 1.35.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hi. Thats not Print Studio Pro 2, but Print Studio Pro superscript 2. If you go down towards the bottom of the page you will find Note 2 that talks about PSP.

1.35 is the current version; it will take Canon awhile to update the version to be compatible with the new software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks - I did notice that the 2 was a superscript on one site but on another (I think the one for the Pro-10 printer) it was definitely a 2 in line with the rest of the text and separated by a space (at least on my browser).  At any rate, I suspected something of the kind and will simply use Photoshop Elements 11 when I want a pattern print until the change is made.

If you have an inside line to Canon you might also suggest some changes to their Image Garden program, specifically its handling of DVD label projects.  It has several themes and within each theme several layouts.  As far as they go these are fine but they do not give nearly enough flexibility.   The boxes for insertion of images are useful as is the simple procedure for rescaling the image so it is cropped in varying ways while staying within the fixed box.  However, it should be possible (a) to relocate the boxes on the page and (b) to resize and reshape the boxes - probably by a control which would become available by right-clicking on the box.  For example, there are times when the user might want to include a full 16 x 9 frame shot as one of the images, and in general the aspect ratios of the provided boxes do not permit this.

I have over the years preferred to use Word for this purpose after setting up masks to expose just the printable area of the DVD or Blu-ray disc, setting up the margins so that the center of the disc is in the horizontal center of the page, and finally introducing text and pictures and adjusting the font size of blank lines above the disc to line everything up properly in the vertical direction.  A typical layout might involve one large picture, located so the center hole and the curved outer edge do not block anything important, or two pictures side by side, or four pictures centered vertically (to minimize the effect of the outer edge of the disc) but possibly of different widths (so as to make both close-ups and wide scenes optimal on the same disc label).  The text then goes above and below the pictures.  All of this works perfectly so I probably wouldn't use Image Garden very often for this purpose, but the inability to resize and relocate the boxes must be very limiting for others as well. 

Some of the layouts have image locations severely reduced by the edge of the disc.

As I said ... if you have an inside line to Canon .. but if not, please excuse the length of this post!

I'm just a Canon user who tries to help where I can as "payback" for help I have received over the years. You might try emailing your suggestions to the Canon help page via the website.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

New version of PSP just posted that suports Elements 13.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements