Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible results with Canon Pixma pro 100 printing from Lightroom Classic

Robmae
Contributor

Canon Pixma Pro 100 Printer

Results when printing from Lightroom Classic: Muddy flat colors--

Results when printing same image using  Canon Print Studio Pro--very good

In the past I have gotten very good results printing from Lightroom Classic.I don't know what changed but it changed from one print to the next, (got several very good prints, no settings were changed and the next  print was horrible) I have run all the tests, nozzle check, print head alignment, gone in and found the manual color adjustment in the print screen, chose 'none'. I'm using canon inks, canon paper, (LU-101), I have the correct paper profile chosen in Lightroom however I've also tried letting  the printer manage color, tried Perceptual and Relative. I have also gone back to the develop module in Lightroom and made major adjustments to the colors and exposure to the image and it made no difference in the final print

I have also tried all of this on two other computers--same muddy results. 

I would just continue to print using the Canon Print Studio but I can't seem to download that plug in on my laptop, (it was automatically installed on my desktop computer when I first got the printer) and I need to be able to print from my laptop. 

Major paper, ink and time waste. I've searched everywhere, read everything I can.  I have not calibrated the monitor, (I have a calibrator ordered), but if it was just an issue with the monitor not being calibrated then I should be getting the same horrible results when printing from the Canon Print Studio Pro, AND, I should be able to adjust the image, color and exposure wise in the develop module to compensate for the poor print quality. 

I feel like there must be SOMETHING in the Lightroom Classic that is turned off or on, something that I've missed but I am at a loss to figure it out. 

Any ideas? Sorry this is long. Pretty frustrated. Perhaps someone who has the same set up could tell me what their settings for printing from Lightroom classic are? 

Robin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It was the three computers that confused me.

Definitely look closely at your settings in LrC since it is a consistent problem you are getting.

As far as getting PSP installed on the laptop download the latest version of PSP from here:

Support | Professional Inkjet Printers | PIXMA PRO-100 | Canon USA

and just run the installer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Opso
Apprentice

Rookie error; I’m on Apple, guess that’s why I didn’t recognise the settings bit. Sorry. If someone can suggest where the double profiling is likely to be arising from I’d be grateful.

For macOS:

1. go into Printer & Scanners, select the Pro-100, select Options and e sure you see something like this:

Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 1.46.18 PM.png

If you don't, download the latest driver and re-add the printer, waiting for the IJ Series version to appear.

If you are using Lightroom, select your paper profile in the print dialogue :

Monosnap 2022-12-04 13-50-21.jpg

On the left hand side select Print Setting and then Quality & Media. You should see the options greyed out but ColorSync selected.

Monosnap 2022-12-04 13-52-48.jpg

Monosnap 2022-12-04 13-51-11.jpg

For non-Adobe products the approach would be similar, but ColorSync might not be automatic.

When offered a choice select Application Manages Color, not Printer Manages Color.. It gives greater flexibility.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

i think that has solved the problem. When I first accessed printer settings, the Canon Color Matching was selected. Not actually sure what I did to unselect it, but next time it was colorsync and I have vibrant colour again. Hurrah! Many thanks.

Glad you are all set now.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements