cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Limit for Pro 1?

photoMikey
Apprentice

I have just set up my Pro 1, which is connected to my computer through a LAN (using Apple Time Machine, which has a LAN connection to the printer).

The set up was correct and I was able to print out a 5x7 photo using the included software. However, using Lightroom 5.2, I seem unable to print photos that are fairly lrage files--even a small file of 6 mg. The spooling is quite slow, then sudenly completes in a moments time.

The results--two pages with approxomately 1/2" of photo appearing at the leading edge of the paper and white on the balance of the page and one print in which the colour is utterly fouled up with the ocean appeaing rust and figures having no definition.

Can anyone tell me if there are file size limits that prevent me from having large files (this seems improbable) or if someting else could be wrong?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi photoMikey,

The spooling function on your computer prevents the need for the printer to retain the photo data in internal memory.  For this reason, most inkjets have very minimal internal memory.

Based on the issue you described, it appears there is something going on with your computer.  A file this small should not be difficult for a computer to spool.  I recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for some options to address the spooling issue.

Of course, please feel free to contact us, if you have any additional questions.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements