cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy-PhotoPrint Editor "An error occured while printing" when printing Printable Disc on Pro-200

NilKilla
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm on my second printer.

The first printer developed an issue after printing to 5 discs succesfully.

On the 6th disc it began top eject the media tray part way through and not move forward in the process.

At that time I was using the Canon Image Garden, as it installed with the first software suite I had installed from Canon.

After working with support and testing with multiple devices and installing and attempting to use Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Editor it was determined it was a hardware failure and they sent me a nre printer.

With the install of the new printer I wiped all prior software and driver installs and installed only what was available on the PRO-200 Support page (which does not include the Image Garden, nor even the suite that was initially provided).

When I attempt to print via Easy-PhotoPrint Editor it says it's sending the data to the printer, then a pop-up comes up "An error occured while printing", yet it seems like the printer proceeds, but the printer doesn't actually print anything.

It seems like there is an error in Easy-PhotoPrint Editor in that it is not sending the image to print to the printer.

Anybody facing anything similar? I'm open to suggestions, as I have an incomplete order of CDs to fill.

Thanks!

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jarrodnolan
Apprentice

The cause of of the "An error occurred while printing" issue for Easy PhotoPrint Editor has been found, and there is a solution.

On March 9th, Microsoft released their monthly Cumulative Update for Windows 10.  This is the direct cause for the issues with not only Easy PhotoPrint Editor, but also a wide variety of other software programs and printers.  Two emergency, or "out-of-band" updates have been issued since that date.  One on March 15, the other on March 18th.  A link to the Microsoft posting is below:

Windows message center | Microsoft Docs

In order to fix this issue, you will need do download, at minimum, the March 15th update.  If you still have issues, you will need to download the March 18th update.  I can confirm that for my case, the March 18th update resolved my issues.

When you go to download the updates, you will seen many different options available.  In order to find the right one, you will need to find your version of Windows.  To do that, you will need to go to two places:  "Start -> Settings -> System -> About" will give you the operating system and version number that you are currently running.  "Start -> Settings -> Update and Security -> Windows Updates" followed by selecting "View Update History" will show you what types of update you should download.  I will use my computer and its settings for demonstration purposes.  Please note that your configurations may be different, but the instructions for finding the information is the same.  I have included pictures below:

Version.jpg

Update Type.jpg

Once you have these two pieces of information, you will want to select the update that matches your system:

the right file.jpg

You will be taken to the appropriate page for that update.  Towards the bottom of the page, you'll see your update options.  In my case, I selected Microsoft Update Catalog:

Update Catalog.jpg

This will bring up a new page, with various download files.  You will again need the your type of system and your version number to select the correct update.  In my case, it was "2021-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5001649)".  Once you download the file, follow the instructions and restart your computer when prompted.

I hope this information is helpful and you will all be able to use your equipment again at full capacity.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

NilKilla
Apprentice
Just tested, the pop-up error (which has no code and does not error out on the printer itself) also happens with printing to paper from the Easy-PhotoPrint Editor as well.

I have previously tested printing from my phone and it worked fine.

Just to be sure I've just printed an image with Professional Print & Layout and it worked great.

I have the EXACT SAME problem on my TS705
spent 4 hours trying to fix this issue.
Downgraded my PC, Re installed the software, Changed Settings to Default, Factory Reset the Printer and much more..

Seems like Canon have their own issue which they should fix
as in my opinion this is Unfixable to the public!

What happens is it says the error message, but still takes in paper the disc but then "Prints" it but it just comes out the printer BLANK! this includes Anything printed on the app

There is an obvious issue with the software..

Pathetic! 

ccc.PNG

jarrodnolan
Apprentice

The cause of of the "An error occurred while printing" issue for Easy PhotoPrint Editor has been found, and there is a solution.

On March 9th, Microsoft released their monthly Cumulative Update for Windows 10.  This is the direct cause for the issues with not only Easy PhotoPrint Editor, but also a wide variety of other software programs and printers.  Two emergency, or "out-of-band" updates have been issued since that date.  One on March 15, the other on March 18th.  A link to the Microsoft posting is below:

Windows message center | Microsoft Docs

In order to fix this issue, you will need do download, at minimum, the March 15th update.  If you still have issues, you will need to download the March 18th update.  I can confirm that for my case, the March 18th update resolved my issues.

When you go to download the updates, you will seen many different options available.  In order to find the right one, you will need to find your version of Windows.  To do that, you will need to go to two places:  "Start -> Settings -> System -> About" will give you the operating system and version number that you are currently running.  "Start -> Settings -> Update and Security -> Windows Updates" followed by selecting "View Update History" will show you what types of update you should download.  I will use my computer and its settings for demonstration purposes.  Please note that your configurations may be different, but the instructions for finding the information is the same.  I have included pictures below:

Version.jpg

Update Type.jpg

Once you have these two pieces of information, you will want to select the update that matches your system:

the right file.jpg

You will be taken to the appropriate page for that update.  Towards the bottom of the page, you'll see your update options.  In my case, I selected Microsoft Update Catalog:

Update Catalog.jpg

This will bring up a new page, with various download files.  You will again need the your type of system and your version number to select the correct update.  In my case, it was "2021-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5001649)".  Once you download the file, follow the instructions and restart your computer when prompted.

I hope this information is helpful and you will all be able to use your equipment again at full capacity.

Working out the download and installation now. 

For anyone following along, do NOT use Chrome for this. It will not allow the download.

I went with Edge and it allowed it as it recognizes microsoft.com.

That did it! Thanks! I don't think it would've helped with my initial issue as it started before the 9th and it had different symptoms, but it looks like the replacement printer is working great!

Thank you!!

sammy1967
Apprentice
We done all that and it still didn't work so wats next

Hi sammy1967,

Please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements