cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dull Prints from a Pro 100

RDavid
Apprentice

I'm running Mac OS12.6 and using a Pro 100 printer with the latest drivers.  All the maintenance programs have been run on the printer.  The main use of the printer is the printing of greeting cards on quality card stock and an occasional photo.  Only Canon inks are used.  Greeting cards are Avery Mate White Note Cards.  Photo paper is Canon Luster.  Greeting card printing is done from within Broderbund  Print Shop 4 for Mac.  Photos are usually printed from Mac's Photos or from Affinity Photo.  The printer has received very light use over the time we have had it.

Prints, even on card stock, have always been brilliant and sharp.  Now after almost 4 yeas of great prints from this printer everything is dull and muddy and not nearly as sharp as it has been.  I've tried various color profiles on the iMac but have no idea how to change them on the Pro 100.  To be honest, I'm an old guy and very hesitant to start messing with settings that I don't understand.  

My wife, who makes the greeting cards, says lets just buy a new printer.  But before I do that, I want to make sure that this is a hardware problem and we will not have the same problem we are having now.

Your help will be appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements