cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Failure: Canon Pro 9000 Mark II. Multiple colors not printing.

scarletkryst
Apprentice

Hi! I just got a used Canon Pro 9000 Mark II, and I was running into a few problems getting it to work. The red, cyan, magenta, and yellow work, but the black, green, photo-cyan, and photo-magenta do not. I have attached a photo below of the print test.

The green seems to have blue columns on either side of the G, and the photo-cyan and photo-magenta have yellow columns. Not sure if those are indicative of any problems?

The previous owner mentioned that they cleaned the print head, but I could try a deeper clean if anyone thinks that is the issue. Does anyone have advice on how to proceed? 

Thank you in advance!

Print Test

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

The easiest is to try a deep cleaning via the printer driver and see if that resolves the issue.

Other than that it could be a defective head or perhaps a problem internal to the printer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Sorry for the late reply! Yes, I tried cleaning the entire print head and the sponges at the top with some alcohol today for about half an hour, and did a deep cleaning after that. 

Unfortunately, it looks like the red has stopped working now as well. Interestingly, I get cyan-colored bars next to the R. I'm still confused whether the different colored bars next to the color labels are indicative of some problem I can look into, but I'll keep looking!

165754537_474894306889450_3781175136419469564_n.jpg

I just did a bit more cleaning and pushed some alcohol through each of the clogged colors, and there's a huge difference! There's still some discoloration on the side bars, but I'm going to continue cleaning the print head to see if I can completely remove the clogs. 

165930637_753668668874332_2793081869046973670_n.jpg

Looks like you are on your way to getting the printer back functioning.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements