cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canson Infinity Arches Aquarelle Rag 11x17

Xeirmo
Contributor

I'm trying to print to 11x17 Canson Infinity Arches Aquarelle Rag. The printer demands an art margin, but I can't see that option with the TABLOID size. I'm blocked with a deadline. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The ICC is now in the correct place--it's not an APPLE issue, once you know the secret handshake.

I still have no working option in the CANON PIXMA PRO-100 for FINE ART paper/11x17 with art margins. I can print 11x17 if I call it anything but Fine Art paper. I just have to know enough to set a safe margin to protect the print head.

Is that a CANON problem or is the a CANSON ICC problem? Both the Canon and Canson people have been very helpful--call the paper something else, make a print, and see if I like the color.

Hmmm. I think Canon prefers that I use Canon papers--they probably won't hurry to support Canson in this. Canson rep has promised to talk to their ICC people. Whatever....

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, Xeirmo!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

The problem seems to be a requirement by Canson to save to ICC profile to the Library, a folder Mac makes unaccessible. So that's not exactly a Canon problem--but I was so hoping someone could help me figure out how to do this. Getting into hidden folders is dangerous business. All I really want to do is to print to 11x17 fine art paper, which seems like the Pro-100 ought to be able to do.

SOLUTION: Go to the FINDER. Click on GO. Hold the alt/option key down and you will see the LIBRARY. Open that (but don't mess with anything or you will deeply regret it!) and then open the COLORSYNC folder. Drag the downloaded ICC profile out of DOWNLOADS to COLORSYNC.

Now to see if that actually allows me to print on 11x17 paper. Will report back after reboot....

Yes, I believe this to be a Mac issue and not a Canon or Pro-100.  I print 11x17 all the time with Windows and the Pro-100.

There is a fixed "border" that you have to be aware of.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The ICC is now in the correct place--it's not an APPLE issue, once you know the secret handshake.

I still have no working option in the CANON PIXMA PRO-100 for FINE ART paper/11x17 with art margins. I can print 11x17 if I call it anything but Fine Art paper. I just have to know enough to set a safe margin to protect the print head.

Is that a CANON problem or is the a CANSON ICC problem? Both the Canon and Canson people have been very helpful--call the paper something else, make a print, and see if I like the color.

Hmmm. I think Canon prefers that I use Canon papers--they probably won't hurry to support Canson in this. Canson rep has promised to talk to their ICC people. Whatever....

Canson recommends "Other Fine Art Paper 1" as a media setting. If you choose that setting you can select 11x17.

In Lightroom choose your margins (30mm) as well as other desired settings and save the preset.

Then anytime you want to print select that preset; you won't need to remember to set the margins.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements