cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon pro 100 printing photos

bbsung
Apprentice

Please help!  All of a sudden my printer is printing photos like this and I have no idea why. I tried print a previously saved file and it printed perfectly. Does anyone have an idea on what my problem is? and how to fix it? 

Thank you in advance!

AF1C343B-4C6B-487F-8EDA-0F555BAAEF42.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It looks like your photo is being double color managed.  Double color management occurs when you have color management set in the printer driver and the application you are printing from.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick-  I must have unknowingly changed something then.  Thank you for your response!

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bbsung,

As Rick stated, this appears to be a driver issue.

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?  If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

What program are you using to print your photo?  Have you tried using Easy-PhotoPrint EX?

What paper size and type are you printing your photo with?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick-  I must have unknowingly changed something then.  I'm using a Mac and I did just update it to the most current version  but i wouldn't think that would change my settings. I typically just print straight form Pixelmator but I also tried printing a different photo from my photo album and I had the same result. I tried printing on pro luster paper and matte paper but that didnt make a difference either.

I'll look into Easy-Photo Print though.  Thank you for your response. 

If you just updated to macOS Catalina be sure to also download the latest printer driver from the Canon support site.

Delete the currently installed version of the Pro-100 and add the printer.

Be sure to wait for the IJ Series version of the printer to appear.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements