cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon pixma pro-100 paper setting

ashleydawn42
Contributor
Hi! I'm trying to print on a semi gloss sticker paper. It's not a photo paper but the semi gloss pro photo paper is the only paper setting I see that matches the best.

When I print on the semi gloss paper option it prints very dark and almost has a black overcast it seems. I've tried plain photo paper setting and it printed bright on the semi gloss paper and has red overcast in some areas.

Does anyone know which setting would work best? Everything is calibrated just fine. Of I print on regular printer paper with the print paper setting it looks just like by computer.

Any suggestions?? I'm at a loss 😞
2 REPLIES 2

ashleydawn42
Contributor
Oh, and I am using silhouette studio to print from. I have no choice but to print from this program too since it prints registration marks needed to use my silhouette machine.

If I understand correctly, when you print from Silhouette Studio on plain paper using the plain paper setting it looks OK and you are pleased with output. But, when you print on the specialty paper it doesn't look good? Am I correct?

If so, does the specialty paper provider suggest a paper profile, or provide one?

If not, you will need to try different profiles that come with the printer and see which one works best. If you get close you can adjust individual color effects in the rpinter driver and save the settings.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements