cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon iPF8400 printed image size problem

skrokodilas
Apprentice

Hello, everyone,

I have this problem with my iPF8400 image size problem. I print on paper and on high quality canvas. When I print, usually the printed image is from 5 to 10 percent smaller, than set in print screen properties. For example, I just printed a poster, that was supposed to be 50x70 cm (I'm from europe, so we dont use inch system). After it got printed, it is 49x68 cm. It shrunks. When I print even bigger files they shrunk even more more, for example, when I print on canvas a 100x190 cm print, it goes to 98x185 or something like that. I know for sure, that the "fit to page" and "resize" boes are unticked, but I have no idea how to solve this. Thi is very importatant for me, because I need to order right canvas stretchers, and of course, because of the image size itself. 

Can anybody help me locate the problem? 

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi skrokodilas,

What operating system are you using, Windows or Mac?

What version of Windows or OS X is installed on your computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, Patrick,

I'm using Windows 8.1 pro, 64-bit.

Hi skrokodilas,

There is a program available for the imagePROGRAF iPF8400 called the "Free Layout Tool".  This utility will allow you to lay out images on the page exactly as you wish them to print.  This utility is part of the "Extra Kit".

To download the Extra Kit from the Support Page of your imagePROGRAF iPF8400, please follow these steps:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type imagePROGRAF iPF8400 in the "Enter a Model" box and click GO.

3.  Click the Select button next to "Printer Driver Extra Kit".

4.  If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

5.  Click the Download button.

6.  If a Save As box comes up, click Save.

7.  Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.

8.  Double click the file that you have downloaded, "Ext-Win64-230.exe".

9.  Double click the new folder that was created "Ext-Win64-230".

10.  Double click "setup.exe" in that folder and follow the on-screen prompts to install the Extra Kit.

Once installed, please follow these steps:

1.  Right click the Windows Start button and left click on Control Panel.

2.  Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and Printers).

3.  Right click the imagePROGRAF iPF8400 and left click on Printing Preferences.

4.  Click on the Layout tab at the top.

5.  Place a checkmark next to Page Layout and select Free Layout from the drop down list.

6.  Click OK to the message that appears.

7.  Click Apply and then OK.

8.  Close all windows.

When you open your document and click Print, the Free Layout Tool will appear.  You will then be able to arrange the items as you want them to print.

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/contactus

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

mikeo54
Apprentice

I use the image size  command in the current Adobe CC. I export to the cannon ipf 8400 with the plug in. My images are shrinking, printing out smaller.   A 36' print is 35 inches once printed. I don't want to print oversize just to end up with the right size. Any suggestions?

Mike O

click here to view the gallery
Announcements