cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 100s not printing large blocks of black

Jame55
Apprentice

Trying to print out a print for a friend and when i make the background all black i find there is lines on the paper and it is slightly mauve. I am using Canon 350gm Fine art Paper 'Museum Etching' I am running it through the latest Photoshop, print size is 5x7. I just want it to come out jet black like the writing often is 😕 

Any ideas?

It looks like this You're.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Jame55
Apprentice

Doing another print of something else my blacks definately arent as black as they were the other day and have a very very slightly redish hue. I havent changed anything as far as i am aware and everything is set to black in PS. I am even printing the same prints

I am printing with a Pro-100 (not "S") but they are basically te same.

I have printed on many papers, including Hahnemuehle "Museum Etching", which the provider of Canon's paper.

I have observed that monochrome prints can have a slight (and different) color cast depening onb the paper used.

I have also seen that the light source can also change the tint appearance of the prints.

You can use the printer driver or Canon Print Studio Pro to create a pattern print and fine tune printer output for various papers.

Are you having PS manage printing? Have you double checked that the proper media type/profile are being used?

Run a nozzle check.

You are trying to lay down a complete black page with 100% uniformity. I'm not sure that the printer can do that - slight variations in the signal from computer to printer could be affecting the printer output.

Finally, I think you will find that the consensus is that the Pro-100 is an excellent color printer with B&W capability. If you want serious B&W printing the consensus is you need to be using a pigment printer (like the Pro-10).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the info. The funny thing is that it seems to be only a recent problem. I was getting great black coverage recently and only this week the black doesnt seem black enough when i place two prints against each other, it just doesnt 'pop' in the same way, and I have perceptible reddish lines on the large patches of black, which now isnt totally black, where once i was getting it really black

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Run a nozzle cleaning. Are you using Canon inks or third party.

Have you you made changes to settings or workflow?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

canon inks, and paper, ill try a nozzle clean. Don't think any of the settings have changed but not 100%. Would have thought black always came out black though. Well jet black not a lighter grey and red tinges in large blocks

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
You can call Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements