cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 1000

jasmync
Contributor

Hello,

I'm looking at buying the Canon Pro 1000 size A2. But am wanting to print on canvas? Does anyone here print on canvas with the Proo 1000 and can tell me if it's good ? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

the-ninth
Contributor

Hi Jasmync,

I think it should work in principle, but you need to find canvas sheets that fit.

The PRO-1000 prints to mediums up to 400 gsm, and many inkjet canvas products between 300-400 gsm. I printed already on Hahnemühle Leonardo Canvas, however only on the A4 sheets from their glossy sample pack. Make sure that you set the printer height in the driver on high, otherwise you may damage the paper or even the print head.

The challenge will be to find inkjet canvas sheets since most products come in rolls. Of course you could also cut them yourself to the size accepted by the PRO-1000. Might be difficult to get it flat enough for the printer then. Or find some supplier that provides pre-cut sheets.

Regards, Robert

Denchamber
Contributor
I use canvas all the time for my 1000. No problem (well, almost no problem). The printer has a canvas setting and it works fine for me. First, I have had no feeding problems with the Canon 17x22 canvas. There are many companies that sell cut canvas. The only problem I have had is with 17x22 Breathing Color Lyve Canvas. Amazingly, they have just announced a compatibility program with ImageProGraf printers including the 1000, and it's the only canvas that is a problem for me. The 13x19 size of Lyve has worked well for me.

The problem with the Breathing Color canvas in general is that it is too limp. It's like trying to fee a T-shirt into the manual feed in the back of the 1000. It wads up inside the printer almost all the time, causing some scary sound effects. Breathing Color suggest a fix which is basically to tape a piece of regular printer/copier paper to the back of the canvas, which I have not yet tried.

The smaller 13x19 Lyve has worked fine for me so far but I suspect that from time to time it could cause the same problem.

The Canon 17x22 canvas is more stiff. I have printed 50 sheets without a hitch. But I should point out that I like the texture of the Lyve better because it is finer and therefore a little less course.

Hope this helps!

Dennis
Announcements