cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 1000 Stuck on PROCESSING cycle

cleighholder
Contributor

Hi! I am hoping someone has a similar situation to mine and can offer a solution. My Canon Pro 1000 is stuck on "processing please wait momentarily" for over 1.5 hours. This happened on the last Canon Pro 1000 and was replaced when the helpline could not solve it. And it's happening again. I have a 12.2 Macbook Pro with all updates. I've deleted the canon driver multiple times and downloaded new ones. I've restarted my macbook pro multiple times. And the only way to stop the process is to literally unplug my printer. Trying the power button does nothing. Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I can't run orders for my clients again and its a nightmare. I really love my Canon Pro 1000 when it works but this I am so frustrated with not getting a simple solution to this problem. As it "processes" its literally dumping all my ink and filling up my maintenance cartridges with no end in sight. The last time this happened on the Canon Pro 1000 they replaced it filled up 2 maintenance cartridges and did not resolve. Much appreciate from you pros or more experienced Canon Pro 1000 users. Thanks!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cleighholder
Contributor

Wanted to post an update. I got a hold of support and after removing the USB cord literally from the the printer and reseting ALL my printers and settings. And then restarting the printer -- it started working again. SO crossing my fingers and hoping this solution will work if this happens again. As a side note, this "processing" cycle happened directly after replacing some black matte ink, and now the printer shows that the brand new black matte ink is empty when it's actually full. I do always use Canon brand ink for this printer -- so I'm wondering if something about the new ink set off this processing cycle loop. I'll post any updates because I know some others have experienced this problems. Best, C

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

cleighholder
Contributor

Wanted to post an update. I got a hold of support and after removing the USB cord literally from the the printer and reseting ALL my printers and settings. And then restarting the printer -- it started working again. SO crossing my fingers and hoping this solution will work if this happens again. As a side note, this "processing" cycle happened directly after replacing some black matte ink, and now the printer shows that the brand new black matte ink is empty when it's actually full. I do always use Canon brand ink for this printer -- so I'm wondering if something about the new ink set off this processing cycle loop. I'll post any updates because I know some others have experienced this problems. Best, C

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements