cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 100 - test page/nozzle check missing

tway
Apprentice

I have had several Canon Pro 100s since 2014 - I bought them dirt cheap in 2014 and 2015. I just set up one, fresh out of an unopened box, as the previous one is no longer working. Using Mac Sierra on iMac without a CD drive.

After the usual hassles with wireless network setup, I am finally good to go but throughout the process...USB, Ethernet and now wireless connection...I noticed the Driver would only show the General and Supply levels tabs without offering a Test Page or Nozzle Check option. The Driver says 2.0. Open Print Queue and Options and Supplies are also not showing any of the Utility options. I tried the Canon IJ Network Tool but clicking the popup menu "Utilities" reveals that same driver window which now offers to show the "Printer Webpage," but there is no Test Page/Nozzle Check available on the Printer Webpage - just the supply levels and the network settings. I downloaded and installed  the latest firmware and driver but nothing changed. My previous printer and driver installation showed the Test page and nozzle check options.

The printer seems to work ok but how do I get the nozzle check and test page and other options back?

3 REPLIES 3

tway
Apprentice
I thought the printer was printing from wireless but it wasn't - I had left the USB cable in place. Reinstalled using the Canon IJ Network tool and now everything is back to normal. Whew!

Don't know why the driver showed up with no options before but its working now.

I had wondered if possibly you had installed using the "Airprint" driver instead of the CUPS driver.  The Airprint driver doesn't have as much functionality.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

I believe you are actually correct - the USB cable may have had nothing to do with it. I also set up the printer for my wife's laptop after I got it working on my iMac. I chose Printer & Scanner in System Preferences, clicked the plus sign, chose Canon from the list of found network printers and indeed Airprint showed up first as the printer driver, ready to install - it may also show up as Bonjour Multifunction - which is confusing because they appear to be the same thing. But if you wait a minute or so (an actual minute in my case), the Canon IJ driver also shows up and that's the one you need to choose to get all the Canon goodies installed, like Canon's default ICC profiles.

I found that you can tell if you have installed the right driver quickly by clicking the Canon Pro 100 printer icon in the Printer & Scanner Preferences window and then click "Open Print Queue..." The Utility tab shows up if you have the correct driver. It doesn't show up if you installed the Airprint driver.

I write all this in the hopes someone else with a similar problem finds this post and that this explanation might help them out.

Announcements