cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro-100 blurry text intermittently

amhb90
Contributor

My printer has just started printing blurry text; however, it does not happen all the time. For example, I've had the printer print 3 copies of the same file, and all had the same exact settings and paper type. Two of the prints came out with the slightly blurry text (black font), while the third print came out perfectly fine. I have performed the general cleaning within the printer's utility settings, cleaned the encoder and still no solution.

It has been working fine for 6 months, then all of a sudden the intermittent blurry text. Advice?

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Does the issue occur when any type of paper is used or only when certain media types are used with the printer?  Does the blurry text occur in the same areas every time or does the placement seem to be random?

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It seems to be happening with my 8x10 paper only, but it's the same brand, type, and size used previously with no issues. Again, it is happening randomly with the 8x10 prints, so sometimes it comes out fine. 

The blurry text happens to all of the text on the print, and sometimes affects certain areas more than others. It is the same design. 

Fotopro2
Apprentice
I had something similar happen when I printed on the wrong side of the paper. The ink spreads on the incoated side

Fotopro2
Apprentice
Sorry “uncoated”
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements