cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro - 100 B200

Vlad_Zaytsev
Contributor

I carefully looked through the entire forum, tried with the printer buttons, the error does not go away. I ask for professional advice here on how to get rid of it. 

I can ask professionals to share this, only for pinout of the QY6-0084 head contacts:

Pin No. Signal Name Function >>> This is the pinout for QY6-0054

1,2,3B_GNDHHeater GND
4B_DATA_Y2Serial data input aor Y2 heater
5,6VSSLogic GND
7,8A_GNDHHeater GND
9B_DATA_M1Serial data input for M1 heater
10B_DATA_M2Serial data input for M2 heater
11B_DATA_Y1Serial data input for Y1 heater
12CLKClock signal
13LTData lath enable signal
15B_HE2Heat enable signal
16B_DIKHead temperature cathode side
X  17VHTHead power transistor driver power supply
18B_HE1Heat enable signal
19,20VDDLogic power supply
21E_DIHead EEPROM serial data input signal
22B_RANK(NC)Unused
23B_DATA_C1Serial data input for C1 heater
X  24B_DATA_C2Serial data input for C2 heater
X  25,26B_VHHeater power supply
27E_SKHead EEPROM serial data clock input signal
28E_CSHead EEPROM chip select input signal
29B_DIAHead temperature sensor anode side
30E_DOHead EEPROM serial data output signal3
31B_SH(NC)Unused
X  32,40A_VHHeater power supply
X  33A_DATA_K1Serial data input for BK1 heater
34A_SH(NC)Unused
35A_RANK(NC)Unused
36A_DIKHeat temperature sensor cathode signal
37A_DIAHeat temperature sensor anode signal
X  38A_DATA_K2Serial data input for BK2 heater
39A_HEHeat enable signal

Knowing the sites, I will seal some of them with electrical tape, lose one color, but suddenly the printer starts working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Vlad_Zaytsev,

The B200 is a general hardware error and the printer would require service. You can try a hard reset by unplugging the printer while it is on and then press the power button 5 times. After that let the printer sit for 60 seconds then power it back on. If the error does not clear, the printer will need service. For service you can perform a web search with the key words "printer repair" and you zip code. That will pull up any electronic repair shops in your are that can service printers.

if the printer is still in it's 1 year warranty, please contact the Canon support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST. You will need to have a copy of the printers receipt.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Vlad_Zaytsev,

The B200 is a general hardware error and the printer would require service. You can try a hard reset by unplugging the printer while it is on and then press the power button 5 times. After that let the printer sit for 60 seconds then power it back on. If the error does not clear, the printer will need service. For service you can perform a web search with the key words "printer repair" and you zip code. That will pull up any electronic repair shops in your are that can service printers.

if the printer is still in it's 1 year warranty, please contact the Canon support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST. You will need to have a copy of the printers receipt.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I will try to make a general reset. But I need a design table to stick some colors on the printer, as an option, a workaround. I will be left without color, but I can print on it.

I bought a new head on aliexpress and I'm glad.

It worked for me

OK, strangely enough the "unplug and push power button 5 times" reset worked.  My Pro-100 was completely dead, with alternating power and alarm lights.  I don't know how in the world a general user would be expected to know this fix, but I'm happy I guess.  Sheesh! 

bobsun
Apprentice

I tried the hard reset - turn on, unplug, press start button 5 time, plug, restart.

The B200 went away and the printer is functional

Lucky, I guess

Announcements