cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 9000 mk2 and Photoshop CS5 issue

Karlo
Apprentice

Hello ..thanks for the join.

For years I have been using a Canon Pixma Pro 9000 mk 2 , it has been a great printer serving me well until Apple decided in their wisdom to bring out operating system High Sierra and as I was happily going along using CS5 with it , all of a sudden it would not print anymore , Then Apple tell me you should not have installed the new OS system, The only way I could get the printer to work with photoshop was to save the image on the desktop and open it up in preview to print it out.

The problem I have now is I am embarking on a new adventure where I will need to print out a few art prints . I read recently that Canon are considering phasing out the inks for the Pixma 9000 and what with the CS5 problem , do I need to look at buying a new A3 quality printer.

One I was looking at was the Canon Pixma Pro 100, or the Pixma 8750, but what I need to know is could I use either of these printers on my Mac operating system  High Sierra 10.13.6 and can I continue using my Photoshop CS5 with either of these printers.

I know I could possibly overcome this problem by possibly upgrading to a newer Adobe creative system, but after 40 odd years working as an Illustrator, now retired  ...I am not interested in taking out a monthly rental with Adobe .

I would appreciate  any help towards solving my problem.

regards 

Karlo  

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

welcome to the forum.

I do not believe that PS CS5 is compatible with High Sierra. It has nothing to do with the printer.

I have a Pro-100 which operates perfectly with the latest macOS (Big Sur).

The Pro-100 is now an obsolete model. The current equivalent is the Pro-200. So, unless you are getting a Pro-100 at a very good price I would go for the later model.

If you don't want to go for the Adobe subscription (at $10/month) I suggest you look into getting Photoshop Elements and look into the add-on called "Elements +". It gives access to many hidden features in Photoshop Elements.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thank you for your reply John.

If only Apple had informed users of the possible problem they could have before installing the new operating system I would not be writing this . Many of my music friends had the same problem with it making their recording equipment obsolete once they installed High Sierra .

I think for the time being I might continue saving the image on my desktop and the opening it up in Preview and then printing it out ....not ideal , and lets hope Canon keep producing the inks for this printer for sometime.

regards 

Karlo

High Sierra was released in 2017. I am sure that the internet has mentioned any incompatibilities by now.

I have been aware of this problem since 2017 , in fact the next day after I installed it when it appeared in my updates way back then in 2017!...

Announcements