cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 200 cuts off part of my design.

beckybsullivan
Contributor

Can anyone help me with this issue? When I try printing in I.e. A4 and A4 borderless, the printer always cuts off the last 0.5cm of my design. No matter what adjustments I make to the positioning of the design, it always cuts it off. Just wondering if I'm missing something to fix this issue? The design measurements I use are A4, and I need to use borderless printing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Here is a link to the printer manual.

Canon : Inkjet Manuals - PRO-200 series -

Screenshot 2022-04-25 141456.jpg

Here is screenshot of most of the page about borderless.

If you type S108 in the search box at first page of manual you can go to the page in the manual.

I don't have the Pro-200, but with most printers you either get the whole document with margins or borderless with some small loss of the image.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

Do you see any error messages?
Which Computer Operating System are you using (Windows 7/8/10/11 or macOS 10/11/12)?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.
If you're in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Stephen, here are the extra details. 

• No error messages pop up
  • I use macOS
  • Connect using WiFi
  • I've been trying to print my designs on Illustrator

Could you also let me know what Canon software is best for printing on my macbook air.

Here is a link to the printer manual.

Canon : Inkjet Manuals - PRO-200 series -

Screenshot 2022-04-25 141456.jpg

Here is screenshot of most of the page about borderless.

If you type S108 in the search box at first page of manual you can go to the page in the manual.

I don't have the Pro-200, but with most printers you either get the whole document with margins or borderless with some small loss of the image.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you so much for your help, you've definitely helped my stress levels go down. I didn't think a printer could be this stressful. I'll have a look through the manual to get a better understanding of everything and what I'm able to do. 

Glad to help. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is the aspect ratio of your document compatible with the printing area of an A4 paper?

A4.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John, I've been using the actual A4 measurements. So are the measurements you've attached above the measurements I should be using for all my printing? Thanks, Becky.

beckybsullivan
Contributor

I've just tried using the new measurements, and it doesn't fill the whole page at the top and bottom, but it no longer cuts off the sides which is great. Just need to work out how to make it fill the page. Any suggestions welcome.

When you say it doesn’t fill the page do you mean it produces margins like the page I posted?

If you select borderless it should cover entire page, but make cut some off. Printer enlarges image to ensure full coverage. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements