cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100s printing coloured bars or stripes

Mantock
Apprentice

Hi folks,

I have a strange issue where the printer is printing these coloured bars or stripes down the side of the paper.

These are acting to squish the rest of the image to one side which warps its appearance. 

IMG_0936.JPG

It keeps coming out with various different colours. I have updated Canon Pixma Pro to 2.2.4, I'm using my MacBook Pro over a wireless connection. The MacBook Pro is 10.15.4 Catalina. Printer driver version is 16.40.1.0

Regards,

-Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mantock
Apprentice

Ok so weirdly,

All I needed to do was renamed the file to something other than 'sheep.psd'!!!! works fine as long as I don't try to print something called sheep.psd. I have no clue why

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mantock
Apprentice

Ok so weirdly,

All I needed to do was renamed the file to something other than 'sheep.psd'!!!! works fine as long as I don't try to print something called sheep.psd. I have no clue why

I'm actually surprised the Pro 100 will print at PSD. A lot of printers won't. Have you tried exporting the image to another file type versus printing as PSD? E.g., A PDF or TIFF. Those formats keep the formatting and quality as is.

This has nothing to do with PDFs, but I'm having a similar striping problem along the left side of the page with a pixma pro-100, printing to 13x19 Canon Luster paper.  After trying a number of fixes it will print fine, then go back to its bad habits.  See attachment.

Thanks.

IMG_4101.JPG

Announcements