cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100 washed out colors/dull colors

ShantelDSmith
Apprentice

Hello! My printer seems to be printing colors very washed out and gets worse and worse each time I print something and I'm at a loss on how to fix this. Before I start I use the official canon ink and paper. 

Here are all the steps I've done to try and solve this issue. 

I've deleted and reinstalled the canon pixma pro 100 program. 

As far as maintenance goes I've done cleaning, deep cleaning, print head alignment, and nozzle check. I've done this multiple times and followed all the instructions given by canon. 

Below I've shown nozzle checks and how it just keeps getting worse each time I do a cleaning, deep cleaning, and print head alignment. 

Illustration.png

Also, something else I wanted to point out. After buying new ink and inserting all the cartilages in the printer it printed fine on the first try (left) , but when I went to print the image a second time the colors came out so terrible (right). 

IMG_20210709_040334653.jpg

No, I don't have Photoshop or any other program. I just upload the photos to my PC and print them from there. I've never had to use any photo programs in the past for my prints to come out correct.

Please help. It's very disheartening to spend $500 on a canon printer and for it to not work when I need it to. 

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

Is this a new printer, or has it worked fine for a while and now just started acting up?

Since it seems to be more than one cartridge being affected i put this low on the list, but verify that all the plastic wrap has been removed from the top of the cartridges. There is a tiny vent hole on the top that lets air in as ink is used. If that hole is blocked ink can't flow easily.

I don't know if Canon still supports the printer since it has been discontinued, but give them a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements