cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma Pro 100 : print not centered with the manual feed

jackygag
Contributor

Is the manual feed for the Canon Pixma Pro 100 is supposed to be reliable? I ask the question because too often the print is not centered and the photo is often 3 to 4 mm lower (ex. : in landscape) and sometimes it's OK. I don't have these issues with the main feed but I cannot use fine art paper with the main feed. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Darius
Whiz

Hi jackygag.

To ensure proper alignment from the manual feed tray, ensure you're setting the paper guide correctly, and loading the paper in the correct position.

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/PRO-100S%20series/EN/BG/bg-loading1400.html

Also, ensure that the paper size selected in the Printing Preferences, or the program from which you're printing, matches the size of the paper to which you're printing. 

Note:  Some programs also allow you to arrange the print on the center of the paper, while others will print within the printable area without regard to how it centers in the printable area.  Refer to the software's documentation and support for information on centering or formatting the image to the paper.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@darius : I don't think its a sofware issues because I just print the file as PDF and the margins seems to be perfect and my software show the print area and the file is really centered with the paper area. And I've already read this page. 😞

Can it be a driver issue or it's can only be an hardware issue?

Thanks!

95% of my printing is with A3+ paper from the manual feed tray.

I do this to maintain a consistent workflow.

Almost all of those images uses A3+ (30mm) margin setting since I like the border to act as a faux mat. I do this even with non-fine art paper.

I use Canon and non-Canon paper.

Some prints are as-shot aspect ratio with a 1/2 inch border all around, so I can get a full 12x18 print.

I print from macOS Catalina, Mojave and Windows 10.

The only software I use is Lightroom, Qimage (at times) and Canon DPP (at times).

The only time I had a problem is when I didn't seat the paper correctly - it wouldn't pick up the feed.

What software are you printing with? Can you ost a screenshot of the print dialogue window?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

QImage or Photos, but it's definitively not a software issue because the picture is perfectly centered in the PDF file generated by the software. It's more likely a feed issue with the manual feed or a driver one (but I don't think so, because the main feed function correctly). 😞 

Hi Jackygag.

If the problem is with the driver, ensure you're using the latest version of the drivers provided by Canon. PRO-100 Drivers & Downloads page

If the printer is in use on Windows, first remove the PRO-100 from your list of printers, uninstall the driver, and then restart the computer.  Once it restarts, download and run the PRO-100 series Printer Driver to reinstall and re-register the printer.

If using the printer on Mac OS, first, download and run the PRO-100 series CUPS Printer Driver.  Once it has installed, open the System Preferences >> Printers & Scanners list.  Select the PRO-100 and click on the [ - ] at the bottom of the list to remove it.  Next, click on the [ + ] to open the Add window. If you instead get a single-column gray context menu, select Add New Printer or Scanner to open the Add window.  In the Add window, select the entry for Canon PRO-100 listed with either "IJ Printer" or "USB Printer" (for USB) or "IJ Network Printer" (for wifi or Ethernet) as the Kind.  In the Use Driver drop-down, ensure the Canon PRO-100 Series drivers are selected.  If prompted to Share the printer, ensure that is disabled.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements