cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PRO 100 - K10377 - left untouched for years

CintiBonnie
Apprentice

In 2016 I purchased this great printer but the following year I moved out-of-state with it.  At my new location, I purchased a new computer for the 2nd floor of the home and the bottom line is I could not get the Pro 100 printer to work properly with it.  Much to my embarrassment, I just left it upstairs and got busy with other things.  How can I troubleshoot since it's been idle so long?  Would the ink have dried up?  How can I go about figuring out if the machine was damaged in transit, has an ink problem, or just operator cluelessness?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@CintiBonnie wrote:

In 2016 I purchased this great printer but the following year I moved out-of-state with it.  At my new location, I purchased a new computer for the 2nd floor of the home and the bottom line is I could not get the Pro 100 printer to work properly with it.  Much to my embarrassment, I just left it upstairs and got busy with other things.  How can I troubleshoot since it's been idle so long?  Would the ink have dried up?  How can I go about figuring out if the machine was damaged in transit, has an ink problem, or just operator cluelessness?  Thanks.

1. have you downloaded and installed the appropriate driver for your operating system?

2. have you installed new ink cartridges?

3. perform a nozzle check using the following instructions:

Canon Knowledge Base - Print the Nozzle Check Pattern on a PIXMA PRO-100

What are the results?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@CintiBonnie wrote:

1. have you downloaded and installed the appropriate driver for your operating system?

2. have you installed new ink cartridges?

3. perform a nozzle check using the following instructions:

Canon Knowledge Base - Print the Nozzle Check Pattern on a PIXMA PRO-100

What are the results?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements