cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibration of PIXMA Pro 200

Bensonchong
Apprentice

Hi there, I just got my new pro 200 and trying to calibrate the print. It’s much darker in brightness  and color is darker also. I’m using the ppl and try hard proofing and still unable to much color. Please help 

19 REPLIES 19

Hi John, I’m using semi gloss paper. The picture that you sent me print accurately. So I don’t think nozzles problem. I was still using semi gloss for your picture print. Again thanks foythe super quick response 

If the test image prints accurately then we know the path from the computer to the printer is proper. Critically compare the printout to your monitor display. Do you see a similar difference between the print and display as you do with your family print? Did you make any edits to your family print before you printed it?

If the monitor calibration is off you could be making editing changes to make it look good on screen but actually moving the real file away from being correct. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Hello,

I am setting up the PRO-200 for my mom with her Mac.  We are seeing the issues where the colors on the screen do not match the printer on photo paper or card stock.  I see your recommendations above, but there are no screen shots visible.  Can you repost the settings? 

It is too bad Canon does not make this work out of the box for Mac.  We were hoping with a Studio Display and this professional printer there would be no issues.

Thanks for your help!

Peter Geremia

Ps.  We tried Printer Managed, ColorSync etc.  We made sure we choose the correct paper.  We did load the proper driver etc.  This is running on macOS Sonoma.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/PIXMA-PRO-200-Colours-flat-and-dull/t...

1. Make sure you have a good nozzle check. 
2. Even if you have installed the Canon driver be sure that the added printer is not the AirPrint version v

3. Print the test image, following the directions. 
4. Report back what the results are. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Ok.. nozzle check was good.

I have attached 3 prints.

The test image print photo. which looks pretty close to me.

Then I printed the a background color that is different on screen and printed.  I cropped the image due to privacy.

Let me know your thoughts.  

Thank You,

Petepro-200-test-image-print-photo.jpegpro-200-example-orig.pngpro-200-example-print-picture.png

That’s not a good result for the test image. Can you post screenshot of nozzle check?

What operating system?

What software?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I just saw on earlier post you said Sonoma

Have you verified that you aren’t using the AirPrint driver?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1. MacOS Sonoma
  2. Photoshop
  3. Loaded Canon Driver and made sure to not use AirPrint.
  4. Apple Studio Display

I need to go over tonight and collect all of the settings.  There are a lot of knobs to turn for adjustment.  Maybe you could help me with exactly what settings to use for Display and Printer and Photoshop?  I tried ColorSync and Printer managed color.  I also loaded the programs they provide and it was a bit better but not a lot.

I will do the nozzle check again and get pictures of that.  

Is there a documented process somewhere getting an Apple Studio Display color matched with this printer exactly?  I cant imagine there isn't anything?  Just have not been able to find yet.

I will get back to you tonight.

Thank you for your help.

Pete

I work from Lightroom, but I suspect Ps would be similar. I always choose Printer Manages Colir and choose the ICC profile, even for Canon paper. 

Are you opening the test image and printing without making any adjustments?

canon has a free software Professional Print & Layout that is a plugin for Ps or LrC. Sets all the correct “switches” for printing. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

pgeremia
Apprentice

I thought the file names would show.  The LEFT print is SCREEN original.  The RIGHT print is photo of printed image.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements