Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Any tips on Pro 10 print sizing?

[ Edited ]

I'm wasting a lot of time, paper and ink trying to get prints that fit standard frame and mat dimensions.  Nevermind trying to print not-so-standard sizes like 8x12 or 16x9, there is no setting for a "custom" size.  Other problems include: the photo is cropped in a 4x6 borderless print;  no high quality 8x14 paper available; some inconsistency in print size from the Canon menu specification.  Please tell me my $600 printer isn't limited to half-a-dozen print sizes.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any tips on Pro 10 print sizing?

I have a Pro-100, but I think the Pro-10 is very similar, except for ink type.

Download the On-Screen Manual and search for "custom".

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, John.

Esteemed Contributor

This really depends on what you use to print.  What application are you using?

I typically would print photos from Lightroom or Photoshop, but I'm using the Canon "Print Studio Pro" plug-in for Lightroom & Photoshop (which is a bit easier than using the settings in the Photoshop and/or Lightroom print panels).

In this, there's a choice for paper size and I can pick any of the industry standard sizes.

Photo paper tends to come in sizes such as 4x6", 5x7", 8x10", 8.5x11" (US Letter), 10x12", or A3+ (13x19").

13x19 is the largest paper that a PRO-10 printer will accept.  

Below the standard paper sizes is a "Custom..." button that lets you define your own sizes.

You can use the "Layout" tab to customize things a bit more (print multiple prints on one sheet, do borderless printing, etc.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
New Contributor

Sure - 

Check out Red River Paper (redrivercatalog.com) for some odd-sized paper.  You can easily enter sizes in the "custom" dialog.  

I frequently print 5x7s on 12" x 12" squares using the 10x12 option.

Incidentally - you can print on paper up to 14" x 26" using the manual tray.  Great for Panos!

New Contributor

Ooops -

The 14x26 size I mentioned is one I use in Lightroom CC.   I don't know if it is available on any other platform - I just discovered that I wasn't able to use it on (Mac's) Photos a few minutes ago.  

Sorry if I misled you.

Tony

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the Red River tip,  it's got what I need.