cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8x10 Photo Paper

JBS
Apprentice

Just purchased Prixma Pro-10 hopeing to print smaller portrait jobs without sending to lab.  Ran out of 8x10 Canon Pro Platinum paper and now find out Canon doesn't make 8x10 photo paper...I'm told the closest is 8.5 x 11.  That is not a standard portrait photo size...can't even get a decent frame in that size.  Thinking the purchase was a big mistake.  Anyone have suggestions other than to return the printer?

8 REPLIES 8

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Anyone have suggestions other than to return the printer?"

Absolutely!  Buy a paper trimmer.  If you do your own printing a good trimmer is mandatory.  I never ever print 8x10s on 8x10 paper.  Plus is is far better and easier to print smaller sizes two up or three or whatever then trim them.

I guess you are printing boarderless?  Boarderless works better on a larger size paper.  Believe me.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

My company has been using hahnemuhle fineart paper which only comes in 8.5 by 11, we are using it for this special project http://www.houseofroulx.com/collections/janis-joplin-the-last-concert. The project is comprised of 28 8x10 photos so we had to have our paper trimmed. Pixma Pro handles the paper beautifully. 

unnamed.jpg

Thanks JgAutographs...Up until recently Canon offered some great 8x10 paper.  I've printed photos for customers on 8x10 borderless with exceptional quality.  Now, if I choose to keep the Pro-10 I need to spend additional time and money to trim photos.  I'm told Epson has some excellent professional printers and they offer 8x10 paper.  So I'm seriously thinking of switching.  Adding additional steps into my workflow only cuts into profit.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/photo-paper-pro-platinum-8x10-200-sheets-2768b062aa-1

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I don't think Canon has that paper.  At least they don't have any right now.

But if you must have 8x10 paper Red River Paper has all you want.  They have ICC profiles that work correctly with all the Canon Pro printers. Red River

EB

Thank...I've never used Red River paper but will give it a try.

JBS

Been using Red River for years.  They are top drawer! Smiley Happy

EB

Hey John...thanks for the link.  The Paper shows as Out of Stock...it is my understanding they will not be making it anymore.

JBS

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements