cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems printing to canon ipf8400s

cxc718
Apprentice

Hoping this is the correct board - 

Having trouble printing to a canon ipf8400s from windows10 clients. Driver version is Canon imagePROGRAF printer driver 2012. version 4.60. 

Any attempts to print result in the job being canceled at the printer (looking at the printUI web page, printer log). All of the jobs that fail show an output image size of A0. But, any changes I make in the driver to paper/page size, seem to have no effects on this. The jobs continue to show a status of CANCEL.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

cxc718
Apprentice

Also, the Canon is connected to a windows 2019 print server

eolsonCHFA
Apprentice

I am having the same issue as well. Our Canon IPF8400s printer is on a print server that is running on Windows server 2019. I used the latest version of the driver on the support page and still have the same issue. 

The job logs show an output image size of A0 and the job was canceled right away. We have jobs that were stored back in 2018 and I can print those from the printer. It seems like print jobs over the network are having problems. 

eolsonCHFA_1-1652291373555.png

eolsonCHFA
Apprentice

Hi, I found a solution for my issue. I found version 4.7 for the printer. I think I may have pulled version 4.6 from the iPF8400 page. Note that our model is the iPF8400s! 

I was able to print over the network and via USB. 

https://en.canon-cna.com/support/products/imageprograf/imageprograf-ipf8400s.html?type=drivers&langu...

cxc718
Apprentice

I also discovered the same. thx

Announcements