Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C5850i How to set department code

DanGreen
Apprentice

Canon iR-ADV C5850 - Windows ARM64 - Snapdragon

Hi,

I'm looking for a workaround to print from the above system to the referenced printer. Specifically the problem seems to be setting the Dept. code - the Windows default PCL driver doesn't off the opportunity to set these details. I see Windows are moving to WPP printers so perhaps they'll fix it - printer manufacturers haven't fixed anything in 30 years.

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, DanGreen!

While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Yeah - I'm bored of hearing "Don't buy ARM laptops" or "Use this expensive third party solution" off the regional Canon people. Printer drivers are a joke in general, just one that's lasted 30 years and is wearing thin.

Announcements