kind of service support here and because of the global pandemic it is

impossible for a foreign service to come and help me fix it. The

problem with the printer is the ink keeps running out really fast and

the printer is showing that the cartridge is empty. I already replaced

2 that I had I opened the back of the machine and found the ink in a

subtank which is underneath the cartridge. It is an MBK on the left

and a PC on the right side, I cleaned all the parts and replaced the

ink but the same thing happened again. Does anyone know what could be the

problem because all the parts seem to be okay?

If anyone has a similar experience or know anything about this, I would be very

grateful for yours help!

Thank you in advance,

Dejan Kalezić

5 REPLIES 5

Darius
Whiz

Hi DejanKalezic.

As you have noticed, the PRO-4000 features a reservoir to which the cartridges drain.  For this reason, the initial inks may seem to not last as long; the ink is there, merely syphoned to the reservoir to reduce the likelihood of print problems (air in the line, drying ink, etc.).

When the printer is deprived of power (such as when it's unplugged, or powered off by a wall switch or power strip), it will be unable to tell how long it's been powered off, and so it will do a more full cleaning when it next powers on than it would if it remained powered (whether on or off).

Canon has a branch in Montenegro.  If you haven't already done so, you may try contacting them through their website: https://www.canon.me/support/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Greetings,

Ink is located in ink supply mount unit L (number 5). It leaked in there from sub ink tank unit L. I can see the ink dripping from there. I cleaned everything, and I didn't find anything to be damaged.

The workers from Canon in Montenegro came and we cleaned the printer together, but when I put the new cartriage with ink, after 1 or 2 prints the ink leaked again.

Because of COVID-19 it's impossible for a person from another country to come and help me find a solution.

Could you help me find the cause of the problem?

This printer is the only one in my country (Montenegro- a very small country) and I can't get help except this way. 

Thank you in advance,

Dejan

55.png55.png

Hi Dejan,

i'm a french photographer with the same Canon Pro-4000 since three years.

it was always a good product that i'm very happy.

Since last week i had a the same probleme like you. My 700 ml MK cartridge will ended a little bit quickly. I don't think first there was a mistake. Today, four days after i put a new 700ml MK cartridge, i found the cartridge empty.

Waouuhhhh ! there is a big problem : 700ml of ink disapeared and nothing on the ground, nothing in the plastic covers !

So there is a similar problem between us and maybe a conception fail in !!!

ANd do you know today more about this problem ?? can you help me more precisely ? Do you find any solutions ? Where did the ink go ?

I wish you find the way to repair it and now i can repair it too.

THanks.

ERic

Hello, My printer has also drained 3 cartridges of ink 300ml each instantly has anyone found out why thus happens? 

Dejan did you end up finding out what your issue was?  I have the exact same issue and I'm looking down into the Ink supply mount and see all my MBK sitting down there.  

Announcements