cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro2000 will not switch off

Gallery-Close
Apprentice

Dear Brains,

I have a Canon Prograf2000 Large Format printer issue. I got an error message that related to a stuck cutter (I was printing with canvas and the roller cutter got jammed as the canvas wrinkled slightly) The first time I managed to switch the machine off and fix the issue. Several large prints later I get the same error message and same isue. I can see the cutter is stuck against some of the canvas.

This time printing has started (It had not the time before). I press the on off switch and the printer tells me to 'Wait a While' as it switches off. Well that was three hours ago and the printer is flashing orange with the same message. I know from experience Canon printers do not like being stopped mid print and I have had to throw away two Canon ipf5100 printers due to swirtching one off mid print and one when I changed a print head In both cases it seemed to cause an irepairable circuit board failure.

I am less sure what will happen with the 2000.
So does anyone have knowledge of how to resolve this safely?
I closed down Canon print utility and deleted the print that was being sent. I am not even sure about switching off my computer.
Canon will take an age responding, last time was 15 days so I am hoping someone here has the knowledge.

Many Thanks,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I recommend reaching out to Canon support for this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Gallery-Close
Apprentice

Thanks Arthur. I did mange to contact support. The advice was to turn it off at the mains which I duly did, leave it for a minute then restart. This took it through the 'boot up' and all seemed fine.. .until I tried to make a print and I received an error message. (sorry I can't remember which one but it said switch off then on again. This happened twice and I then got another error which basically menat leakage from the print head. Canon support told me I needed a new print head ( even though the use is quite low). Never cheap. £650 in the UK. I bit the bullet. It took three days to arrive and when I turned the printer on it booted up fine and 'touch wood' has allowed me to make prints! I will keep the print head as I feel working with Canon printers is like walking a tightrope.

Sadly my Canon ipf5100 will cost more than a new one to fix (CPU fault) This is the second one I have had to ditch for the same failure and I have about £1000 of ink. Never rains as they say! I will keep my eyes open for a second hand one.

Announcements