cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-4100 print quality becomes grainy and showing paper fibers

jtx1
Apprentice

My Pro-4100 print quality becomes grainy and shows paper fiber. See the photo attached. This issue is more visible at the furthest edge. Both images are printed with the same quality settings. The second one is an older print versus the first one. I ran through the maintenance bucket list: nozzle check, head cleaning, head alignment, and checking paper settings, but none seemed to work. IMG_2864.jpgIMG_2865.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jtx1,

I can assist you with this issue, but I would need a little more information:

Who is the manufacturer of the paper you are using and what type of paper is it?

What application are you printing from?

What version of Windows are you using?
If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Are you using your PRO-4100 with a USB cable?
or wirelessly?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please  dial 1-800-423-2366, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time, excluding holidays. A Technical Support Representative can determine the cause of the issue and resolve it for you quickly via phone.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm using the 46# Color Bond from Plotter Pros. It's a heavy-weight coated paper. I'm printing the image in Photoshop and using the driver's interface. I'm on Windows 10. The image is printed via a USB cable.

Announcements