cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print a charter on a PROGRAF 2100 without color correction

stefb65
Apprentice

Hi, 

I use many Canon, Canson and Hannemuhle papers but also some others that don't come with an ICC profile for the PROGRAF-2100. In order to create the right profile, I first need to print a charter with no color correction. 

I asked the Canon technical assistance and got no answer since almost two months. Did anyone of you know how to print a color charter without enabling color correction either on the printer nor on the Mac Studio printing software or driver ? Which software and driver should I use  ? 

I use a Mac on Sonoma with the 26.10 driver version of the PROGRAF-2100. If anyone could give me the solution, it will be a greta help to me !

Thanks in advance. Regards

#prograf-2100

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, stefb65!

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Danny, 

Thanks for your message. Already did both, but still waiting an answer from Canon in France after two months... My question seems to be something weird, just like no one is using a full-calibrated chain from the camera to the printer !

That's why I'm asking the US community. Hope that it will help me !

select paper-> maintenance-->color calibration ->after print setting select pervious select paper

Thanks, but this is not what i’m looking for. Your answer is about self-calibration of the printer and not printing a charter for a specific calibration device without any color correction such as XRite i1Studio or in my case Myiro Tools. 

X rite? I have one .i was created icc profile with xritei1studiopro and the printer but the result was not good .

Yes. Because you need to print the charter with no color correction at all. And this is my need !
One easy way to know if it's wrong or not is to find the cyan square on the charter. Usually, with color correction activated either on the printer or the driver, it turns to sky blue...

megnani
Contributor

Printing a chart on a Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2100 without color correction can be achieved by following these steps. This process ensures that the printer uses the raw data from your file without applying any additional color management or adjustments. Here’s how to do it:

### Steps to Print Without Color Correction

1. **Prepare Your File**
- Ensure your chart or image is properly prepared in a color-managed workflow. The file should be in a supported format (e.g., TIFF, JPEG, PDF) and saved with the desired color profile (e.g., sRGB, Adobe RGB, or a specific ICC profile).

2. **Install Printer Driver**
- Ensure that you have the latest printer driver for the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2100 installed on your computer. You can download the latest driver from Canon’s official website.

3. **Open the Print Dialog**
- Open the file you wish to print in a suitable application (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, or any other image editing software).

4. **Access Printer Settings**
- Go to the print settings dialog by selecting `File > Print` or using the shortcut `Ctrl + P` (Windows) or `Cmd + P` (Mac).

5. **Select Printer**
- Choose the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2100 from the list of available printers.

6. **Disable Color Management in Software**
- In the print dialog, look for the color management section.
- In Adobe Photoshop, you can find this under `Print Settings` and then `Color Management`.
- Set the color handling option to `Photoshop Manages Colors`.

7. **Set Printer Profile to None**
- In the color management section, set the printer profile to `Printer Manages Colors` to ensure that the printer uses its default settings without applying any color profile.
- Alternatively, if there is an option to disable color management entirely, select that.

8. **Access Printer Driver Settings**
- Click on `Print Settings` or `Properties` to open the Canon printer driver settings.
- Navigate to the `Color Settings` tab.

9. **Disable Color Correction in Printer Driver**
- In the Canon printer driver, set the color correction option to `None` or `Manual` and ensure all color adjustments are set to neutral or zero.
- This step varies slightly depending on the driver version, but typically involves setting color mode to manual and disabling any automatic color adjustments.

10. **Paper and Print Settings**
- Ensure that the paper type and quality settings match your media. Select the appropriate media type and print quality from the `Media Type` and `Print Quality` settings in the printer driver.

11. **Print the Chart**
- After adjusting all settings, click `Print` to start the printing process.

### Summary

By following these steps, you ensure that the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2100 prints your chart without any color correction, using the raw data from your file. This approach is particularly useful for color-accurate proofing and printing where precise color reproduction is critical.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements