cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does an iR-ADV GEN 1 Device (C5045i) Support TLS 1.2 SMTP

aforrest
Apprentice

We have a customer wanting to scan to O365 using a GEN 1 device.

The Latest Canon whitepaper suggests that the device supports TLS 1.2 for its own Security, but it doesn't state it supports TLS 1.2 SMTP communication. Which is why the scan to O365 may be failing.

Can you confirm this?

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, aforrest!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Ve-Rena
Apprentice

Hi Aforrest

Have you found a solution for TLS 1.2 or 1.3 on the Canon?

Nice greetings

Verena

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I know older models do not support modern authentication. Even if the FW is updated to latest available.

The newer models do support at least TLS 1.2.  However, are you sure the problem is not with the M365 tenant?

Are you receiving a specific TLS error or is mail just not being delivered?

You have to set an outbound rule to allow relay.  https://security.microsoft.com/antispam

This might not apply, but I'm mentioning it since we only have limited info about your environment.  You dealer can help with this also.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick,

Thank you much for your answer and help. in my case it is not m365 but the internet provider IONOS. They switched off TLS 1.0 and 1.1 last week and from that day the Scan to EMail function no longer worked. I tested it with a private email address where TLS 1.0 and 1.1 has not yet been switched off. It works with that, but it is a company printer and it should work again with company email.
It would be a pity if the working printer had to be thrown away because tls 1.2 could not be installed. A firmware update would help if Canon provides one. Or a guide how to install TLS 1.2 by myself. Do you know how that works or if it works?

Greetings Verena

Announcements