cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PRO-4100 Grainy / Noisy Prints

byfairweather
Apprentice

While creating new profiles for my printers, I noticed that the Canon PRO-4100 is considerably more grainy than the PRO-1000. This grain is especially apparent in the yellows, but it exists across all colors. For months I thought this was just a limitation of the hardware, but now that I'm comparing the two printers side-by-side, it seems like the PRO-4100 may have an issue. The sample images I'm including here were produced using the same source image, software (Photoshop), paper (Hahnemuhle Hemp), and profile.

Has anyone else noticed grainy/noisy prints from the PRO-4100? I've tried a head cleaning, using different ICC profiles, and using different papers. I haven't done a system cleaning yet, but I wanted to check these forums before wasting anymore liquid gold than I already have trying to debug this issue.

In these images below, check out the color bands, especially the yellows...

PRO-4100:Pro4100.jpg

PRO-1000:Pro1000.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The graininess may be corrected with some of the adjustment options that are available on the PRO-4100.  For additional assistance with this, please contact our phone support group at 1-800-423-2366, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements