cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C5051 Printer receiving NG from one print server

SweetCosmicPope
Apprentice

Hello,

We are currently migrating from our Server 2012 R2 print server to a Server 2022 Print Server.  All testing has been completed on all printers and they are functioning as expected, except for the Canon C5051.  The print server is showing that the print jobs are being transmitted to the printer, but the printer spools up and never prints a job.  When we look at the job status on the printer, they show NG.

However, when printing from the old print server we are not getting this issue and everything prints fine.  I've verified all settings are the same in print management, with one exceptions:  the print driver.  I have tried two different versions of the generic canon PCL6 (as recommended on the C5051 support page; 2.6 and 2.5)

SweetCosmicPope_0-1657132379607.png

The old print server is using a specific driver for the C5051.  I suspect this may be the issue but I'm unsure.  Perhaps there is something else I need to do with the printer or the print server, but as far as I can tell the jobs are transmitting but are not working on the printer.  This specific driver does not appear to be available from the canon site.

SweetCosmicPope_1-1657132552756.pngSweetCosmicPope_2-1657132676333.png

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Hi, SweetCosmicPope!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Announcements