cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3325i - Missing printer function

lotoole3
Apprentice

All -

We jsut moved offices and when we brought the printer to the new location, it had some issues connecting. After a few techs have looked at the machine, we've determined that the actual print function (ie the ability for the machine to work as a printer versus a copier, etc) is missing, or at least it is no longer visible for some reason. We have done multiple firmware resets, but no luck. The machine works fine, will copy, etc., and worked before moving. The issue seems to be software. Does anyone have suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Thanks for posting!

While our Forum Community members are welcome to chime in, this product is supported by our Canon Authorized Dealer Network. Canon Authorized Dealers provide the highest quality service and are supported by Canon-certified technicians using Canon Genuine parts. Please contact your Canon Authorized dealer for all your service needs.

If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

lotoole3
Apprentice

I understand, but the Canon Autorized Dealers I have contacted in my area are more interested in selling me a new machine than fixing the one I have. I understand replacing the whole unit would "fix" the problem, but it seems wasteful to do that when the issue is clearly software (i.e. there is no mechanical failure). Hence my asking the community if anyone had experienced a similar issue.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I have never heard of a IR losing its ability to print simply because it was moved to a different room or location.  Is it possible the machine was damaged in transport?

Connection options: Ethernet 10/100/1000, USB, Wireless with optional adapter

An ethernet connection is the most reliable for an office installation.  I'd install it on a File Server with a Print Server role installed.  If the office is smaller, I'd set it up as an IP printer and install it on each device.  "Printing Capability" is not a feature you turn on or off.  You don't need to buy a new printer unless the one you have is indeed broken.  I'd work with Canon's Dealer Network for resolution if you are unable to resolve this issue on your own.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements