cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma 7720

fshcake
Apprentice

Hi, I have a pixma 7720. I have spent hours on the phone with your support and the router support throuh ATT. This printer is getting worse and worse. My router is literally 5 ft from the printer and the printer refuses to wirelessly connect. The tech support was convinced that it was the router however ATT replaced my router at my request. Which clearly made no sense, to them or to me for that matter because my Samsung smart tv connects fine to the wireless router, Ipad, 4 Iphones, 4 dell laptops, and they all have no problem connecting to the router from anywhere in the house and my driveway. So if someone can please make me understand why this printer, the most expensive printer I have ever bought, cannot connect wirelessly, I appreciate it. I am so frustrated. The last Cannon tech I spoke with managed to get it to connect through my laptop with the software that came with the printer. Now it will take more than 15 minutes to connect and the laptop has to be directly beside it. Something has to be wrong with the connectivity of that printer. Its barely 6 months old and it is steadily becoming more and more difficult to use. Please help,

Thanks,

Sherrie Smith

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi fshcake,

Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX and IPv6 settings on the printer may resolve the issue you are experiencing. To do this, please follow these steps from the operation panel of the printer:

Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX setting

1. Flick the HOME screen until you see the SETUP option, then tap that option.

2. Tap DEVICE SETTINGS.

3. Tap LAN SETTINGS.

4. Tap OTHER SETTINGS.

5. Tap WIRELESS LAN DRX SETTING.

6. Tap DISABLE.

7. Tap the HOME button.

Disabling the IPv6 Setting

1. Flick the HOME screen until you see the SETUP option, then tap that option.

2. Tap DEVICE SETTINGS.

3. Tap LAN SETTINGS.

4. Tap OTHER SETTINGS.

5. Tap TCP/IP SETTINGS.

6. Tap IPv6. You will receive a message stating that LAN communication may be disabled. Tap YES.

7. Tap ENABLE/DISABLE IPv6, then tap DISABLE on the screen that appears.

8. Tap the HOME button.

Please attempt to print again.  If you still experience difficulty, please let us know what operating system you have on your computer.

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements