cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx 920 series printer won't remain connected to wifi

melissawittman
Apprentice

I am having the same problem as many others.  I love the printer, but every time I need to print, it's "offline".

what is the solution?  I am using windows 10.  

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi melissawittman,

Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX and IPv6 settings on the printer may resolve the issue being experienced.  To do this, please follow these steps:

Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX setting

1. Press the MENU button. If your printer does not have a MENU button, please proceed to step 2.

2. Select SETUP, then press the OK button.

3. Select DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

4. Use the arrow buttons to select LAN SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

5. Use the arrow buttons to select OTHER SETTINGS, then press the OK button

6. Use the arrow buttons to select WIRELESS LAN DRX SETTING, then press the OK button.

7. Use the arrow buttons to select DISABLE, then press the OK This will return you to Other Settings menu.

Disabling the IPv6 Setting

1. Press the MENU button. If your printer does not have a MENU button, please proceed to step 2.

2. Select SETUP, then press the OK button.

3. Select DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

4. Use the arrow buttons to select LAN SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

5. Use the arrow buttons to select OTHER SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

6. Use the arrow buttons to select TCP/IP SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

7. Use the arrow buttons to select IPv6, then press the OK button.

8. Use the arrow buttons to select YES at confirmation screen [LAN communication may be disabled depending on your environment. Set this setting?] then press the OK button.

9. Use the arrow buttons to select ENABLE/DISABLE IPv6, then press the OK button.

10. Use the arrow buttons to select DISABLE, then press the OK button. This will return you to IPv6 settings menu where you can press MENU to exit to the main menu.

Once the above settings have been disabled, please reset your network by doing the following:

1. Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord, then turn off your computer.

2. Unplug your wireless router for at least 60 seconds, then plug it back in.

3. Wait 5 minutes, then plug the printer back in, and turn it and the computer back on.

Should you still experience difficulty after following the above recommedations, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements