cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-4100S: Will not print from machine on other VLANs

bplditman
Apprentice

We've got a wide format 4100S on our network. We've been segmenting our network, and it will not print from machines on other VLANs - it does not respond to them at all. We have other printers separated off now, and they have no issue. We've got the network set up to allow the relevant traffic to and from them from allowed VLANs. Even with no port restrictions whatsoever, I cannot get the Canon to do the same. I've also tried messing with the subnet mask set up on the device to see if it was automatically excluding devices not in the same IP space, with no luck.

Is there something else I'm missing? I've obviously gotten this to work with other printers, and I'd much prefer to have a consistent configuration.

5 REPLIES 5

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bplditman,

Have you tried connecting your imagePROGRAF PRO-4100S to the same segment as your computer? If this doesn't resolve the problem, let us know.

I'm not sure you're understanding this issue. That was the way it was before. The whole point is to get the printers off of the exact same segment as the PCs and limit the traffic to only what is needed to print. No other printer in my environment has an issue with this configuration, which tells me that this is something specific to this printer. This is a common security measure in organizations, where devices like printers are given their own VLAN with limited capabilities to impact the rest of the network should they become compromised.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you PING the printers IP from a system on another VLAN?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I cannot, despite being able to ping other printer IPs on the same VLAN as the Canon.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I do not have access to much technical information since I believe ProGRAFs are supported by Canon's Dealer Network.

I think Sonya1 made a good suggestion.  Does the device work if its on the same LAN segment?  Just to be sure all is working with it's NIC.

Have you reviewed the Remote UI's Configuration.  Is it possible something there is not enabled or turned on?

Also review the Network Security Guide to ensure traffic and communication protocols are allowed.

NETWORK SECURITY GUIDE (canon.com)

You can also get help from your dealer for this.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements