cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageClass MF455dw MF Scan Utility Error on Windows 11

Henderson1
Apprentice

I have a Windows 11 notebook and a new imageClass MF455dw.  I've downloaded the main driver [Windows 64bit] Generic Plus UFR II Printer Driver V3.00.  I can't find a specific scan driver so I am assuming that is part of the driver already downloaded. the MF Scan Utility has also been downloaded.  

Upon attempting to open the MF Scan Utility, I get the following error, "A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed.  Install it and train again."

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the driver and scan utility and still no success.  Suggestions?

By the way if it matters, I can print.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You are actually missing the scanner driver. (Not serious).

You only need 2 drivers to get 100% function from the device.  I would recommend this.  Download the MF Drivers Package (1) and then Scanner driver (2).

1. https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAxMTIxNzAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

2. https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDIwMDAwNjg2NTAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Remove the Printer from Settings, then uninstall the printer drivers.   Important  restart your computer.

Now run the #1 download.  Then #2

You will now have the MF Drivers (which includes the UFRII) standalone printer driver you installed earlier+ ScanGear.  The MF Scan Utility is the second (scanning) driver you are currently missing.  The 2 together are all you need.

If you are using Wireless, you can also update the printer's firmware by scrolling through the Control Panel on the LCD.  Look for a little printer device icon with the blue arrow aiming down.  Tap it, and wait.  It takes about 4 minutes.  As of today, this is v1.0.4.  Don't send any jobs to the printer until the update completes.  I'm running this on both of my printers.  All are working great.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements