cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF642Cdw have installed the software 4 times and can't find it

Candace2
Contributor

I have an imageCLASS MF644Cdw laser printer.  I have never had a problem printing but I needed to scan something and when I tried I kept getting the error message must install MFscan software. I watched the video, went on to the Canon website and found the driver listed for my computer.  I installed it at least 4 times and still keep getting that same error message.  The software does not even come up in the Canon folder. I can't find it and don't know how to install it.  I am running Windows 10 on a 64 bit laptop. 

Can anyone help?   It would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Candace2,

To scan, you will need to separate items installed onto your computer. Now that you have the scanner driver installed, you can download and install the MFscan utility onto your computer. The utility is a separate download and you can get it from our support site using the link HERE. You will find the utility under drivers and downloads. Once you select drivers and downloads, you will see the utility under the software tab. It will be the first file in the list and will be under recommended software.

I followed the instructions and installed the recommended software .  What comes up to be installed is [Windows 64bit] MF644Cdw/MF642Cdw MFDrivers (Generic Plus UFR II / Generic FAX / ScanGear) .  I installed it and disabled the firewalls for windows and for McAfee.  I get the message that the software has been installed but when I try to scan from the printer to the computer (a network computer) on my private home network, I get an error message at the printer and, on the computer, the message that the scan utility may not be installed.  It tells me to install it again and retry the scan.  I have installed it 6 times and cannot get the printer to recognize the software on the computer.  Any ideas?  Thanks

Hello Candace2,

It looks like you are on the correct web page if you see the MFDrivers. If you see them, it will mean you are currently viewing the drivers tab for the downloads page. Above the files, you will see several tabs for Drivers, Utilities, Firmware and Software. You can click on the Software tab and you will see the download for the MFutility.

Thanks.  I finally discovered that by trial and error. When the printer told me I was missing MFscan utility, I thought it was referring to the driver.  I didn't realize, except by hunting around, that there was a second additional piece of software needed.

Announcements