cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF455dw Driver Won't Find Printer

NelsonFranco
Apprentice

I just bought a new Canon WF455dw. I’ve gone through the setup and printer is connected to my home network/WiFi. I downloaded the printer driver on my pc (same WiFi), but does not find my printer , even when manually adding IP as shown in printer. Help!

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello NelsonFranco,

If you are able to connect the MF455dw to your network, but you are unable to detect the printer during the setup, you can try turning off any security software running on the computer or unplugging your router from the power for 5 seconds. Once the network is back up and the security software is off, you can try the setup again to see if the printer is detected. If that does not resolve the issue, we would need some additional information to assist further. If you can reply to this post with the information below, we can continue to assist. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Are you able to detect the printer from a mobile device using our Canon Print Business app?
click here to view the gallery
Announcements