cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS D570 Unable to reinstall drivers on MacBook

goodenough13
Apprentice

I recently got the ImageClass D570. I was able to set it up initially and it worked well for 2 months or so. I then started having issues with it staying connected to my MacBook. I decided I would try to remove the printer from my printer list and re-add it. That was my big mistake. Since then I have not been able to re-add the printer to my printer list. The printer is connected to my Wi-fi but doesn't show up as an available printer. I've tried entering IP settings but my Mac won't connect. I've tried a direct wireless connection. I've tried re-downloading driver software. I'm at my wits end here! 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Sorry to hear about your frustrations.  Let's see what we can do to help. 

Here are some basic troubleshooting steps.  

Start by logging into your router. Look at the list of attached devices. Is the printer connected? Did it get assigned an IP address?  Make a note of this address.

Now look at your Mac. Is it connected to the same network? Does it have an IP address on the same subnet?

Example: Printer's IP 192.168.1.10, Computer's IP 192.168.1.30?  You should be able to ping the printer from your computer, and you should also be able to view its web server if you enter its IP address into a web browser.  

Tell us more about your network.  For wireless connectivity, the printer requires a 2.4 GHz broadcast that supports WPA2 / AES encryption.  It's fine for your other devices to be connected to a different broadcast or via wired ethernet. They will still be able to communicate without issues.  Are you using a mesh system in conjunction with your network hardware?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements