cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon MG5520 finds access point but does not hook up with wireless do i need to reinstall software?

bjshaf
Contributor

At present I am using wired connection - would like to return to ability to print thru wifi. changed password and must have done something else too -  cannot figure it out.

6 REPLIES 6

Ramona
Authority

Hi bjshaf,

You can reconnect your printer to your network using the Standard Setup method by following the steps shown here.  Once the printer is reconnected, you can reinstall the latest drivers on your computer from the Canon USA website here.  If you have any antivirus, firewall or anti-spyware programs installed on your computer, please temporarily disable them prior to reinstalling the drivers, as these programs can sometimes block the detection and successful installation of the printer.  Once the drivers are reinstalled successfully, you can re-enable the protection software.

Should you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for this help  -  unfortunately, this did not solve my problem. I have attempted to reconnect several times but to no avail.. Thankfully can connect via USB port.

In a week or so, i will take delivery of a new Mac so probably best to delete current soft ware and download new driver. Is there a straight forward and efficient way to delete what I have in order to start with a clean slate? 

Hi bjshaf,

What version of the operating system is installed on your computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The man I am replacing has 10.6.8 operating system. The one I will be picking up is the new MacPro.

Hi bjshaf,

You can reset the printing system on your Mac to clear out all previous printer driver information.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Go to your APPLE MENU, then select SYSTEM PREFERENCES.

2. Select PRINT & FAX.

3. Right-click in the printer list and select RESET PRINTING SYSTEM.  Click OK to any confirmation prompts that may appear.  The printing system will be reset, and your printer's information should be removed.

Hope this helps!  Should you need further assistance, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Feeling like a total clutz - thought this would be the magic bullet. No RESET PRINTING SYSTEM selection found - unsure what meant by right click though - I have track pad. All I could see was abiity to add/delete printer from my window. Thanks again for trying to help with this -  

Announcements