cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Disconnection

gharnden
Apprentice

I have a home network where I have setup a MF4880dw and MX8120 to print wirelessly.  The overall environment is a mixture of Windows Server 2012, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Ultimate, and Windows 8.1 (running on a Microsoft Surface).

The wireless network is setup with a Verizon FIOS router and an EnGeninus EAP600 Access Point.  The printers are all set up with static ip addresses and are connecting over the 2.4Ghz section of the wireless access point.

I am consistently running into a situation where when the printers go into "sleep" mode they do not come back out unless the access point is rebooted or the printers are power cycled.

How can I keep the printers responding wirelessly on a consistent basis.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi gharnden.

I know this issue is frustrating.  So that I can better assist you, I would like to ask a question.

1. What is the distance between the printers and the router?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

There is a distance of about 20' between the wireless access point and the printer.

Thank you for your reply gharnden.

Is it possible to have you move one of the printers closer to the the wireless router?  This is to verify that there are no obstructions interferring with the connection between the printer and the router.  After moving it, allow the printer to go into energy saver mode and then send a print job. 

If the issue persists,  I recommend that you contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements