cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-fi originally worked, now cannot connect to computer or iphone

victoriashen
Apprentice

I have a Pixma TR7520 that I just bought. During initial set-up, I had no problems setting up the wireless connection to my Macbook Air or my iphone. I was able to print, scan and everything worked great. Then, 2 days later, it stopped working. I confirmed my computer is using the same network & default gateway as the Pixma, but during the setup process when it is trying to find my printer on the network it is not showing up.

I have tried Easy Wireless Connect - able to get all the way through but setup software can't find the printer on the network.

I have tried manual LAN setup - able to find the router & connect, but setup software can't find the printer on the network.

I have disabled IPv6

I have removed the printer from my Macbook and re-started and tried re-installing (with current package downloaded from Canon) and again it errors out when it can't find the printer on the network.

I have printed out the LAN settings on the network and it shows no errors listed under network diagnostics and that I have a good signal strength (70%) and proper IP address

I have tried searching for the printer during setup by IP address and it can't find it

I have tried resetting all the setting on the Pixma and starting all over again and it still doesn't work

I am out of ideas and need help. I've only had this printer 4 days! It's my first Canon and if it continues to be a problem I'm going to return it and just buy another Brother, which I've never had problems with.

2 REPLIES 2

BillS
Mentor

Hi victoriashen,

It looks like the signal strength is a bit low. Below 75% percent, you can see unreliable communication. There are a few things you can do to boost signal strength.

• Move the printer and router closer to each other.

• Unplug the router for 15-20 seconds, and plug it back in.

• Move or disable other wireless devices in the area.

After performing one or more of these steps, print another Network Configuration Page to see if the signal strength has increased. 

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm in a rental unit and the router is maintained by my landlord. I don't think I can move the printer any closer to his router, so I will check and see if maybe he'll put in a second router closer to me to boost the signal. Hopefully that will work.

Announcements