cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is our Mf267dw asking for a PIN?

KarenZ
Apprentice

We recently moved and are trying to set up our Mf267dw printer on the new wifi network. When I go into network settings, it is asking for a PIN, which I have no idea where to find that. Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Did you or someone else set up a System Manager PIN to protect certain settings?  See page 294 of the User Manual.

If that is what was set, and nobody with access to the printer remembers it, you'll need to contact your local authorized Canon dealer or the Canon help line.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks, so much, Ricky. I’ll take a look at the manual. I don’t recall doing that, but I’ll read up and call the Canon help line if I can find a phone number-it’s not easy.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Could this be a PIN for the Wi-Fi network?  Who is the owner/manager of the network? Ask them.

Thanks, I don’t think so, but I’ll try that too.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Good morning ,

The remote UI pin has to be set the first time you access the printer's web interface from a browser.  It's required to enter the user interface, or to make global changes to the printer's settings. Many times people forget setting it and then don't remember the pin when they need to get in.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements